Based in Manchester, UK
September 8, 2016
Steam (PC, Mac, Linux)
Flat Heroes is a minimalist super intense local multiplayer game with special care put into the game-feel and polishing of every detail in a trendy graphic experience. The game includes multiple cooperative and competitive modes for 1-4 players and features squares!
Stuff happened, then Flat Heroes happened.
- We have focused on creating a really tight, intuitive and responsive control, allowing players to move freely around the game area in a super fluid way.
- The game features a unique and minimalist visual style based on the latest graphic design trends. Animations, effects and movements are carefully executed to offer a neat and smooth experience.
- Up to 4 players will be able to enjoy an amazingly challenging experience with the Waves mode, an intense cooperative experience featuring over 90 challenging levels where they will have to fight many different enemies and multiple epic bosses. Solo players will find in this mode a really challenging adventure if that's what they seek!
- And for competitive players, Flat Heroes includes a wide range of versus modes that offer completely different experiences and highlight very different skills. They are perfect to play with friends, but AI is also available to widen the possibilities or train hard.
- Flat Heroes features a code-driven graphic style, meaning that all shapes and animations in the game are generated in code, which allows us to feature a really smooth and versatile animation set.
- Thanks to the variety of modes and set-ups available, all players are welcome regardless of gaming experience!
Flat heroes - Friends Trailer YouTube
Flat Heroes - Slow Mo Elegance Trailer YouTube
Flat Heroes - Coop Gameplay YouTube
Flat Heroes - Versus Gameplay YouTube
Note that gifs run at 30fps, the game is actually smoother than that!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection - Now Play This" London, United Kingdom, 2016
- "Official Selection - Feral Vector" Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom, 2016
- "Official Selection - DigitALL" Valencia, Spain, 2016
- "Official Selection - Develop: Brighton" Brighton, United Kingdom, 2016
- "Official Selection - Radius Vienna" Vienna, Austria, 2016
- "Official Selection - LeftField Collection, EGX" Birmingham, United Kingdom, 2016
- "Nominated to Best Gameplay - AZPlay" Bilbao, Spain, 2016
- "Nominated to Gamer's Voice Multiplayer Award - SXSW" Austin, Texas, 2017
- "Nominated to A MAZE. Awards - A MAZE." Berlin, Germany, 2017
- "A masterclass in game-feel"
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "There’s Super Meat Boy, there’s N++, and now there’s this."
- Graham Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Flat Heroes turns elegance into a deadly weapon"
- Matthew Kim, Kill Screen
- "Flat Heroes: Ensayo sobre el game feel"
- chiconuclear, Anait Games (ES)
- "El trabajo de Parallel Circles destila amor por lo que llaman "game-feel""
- Marco Gonzálvez, Zona Red (ES)
- "This is the best game"
- Rami Ismail, He said it on twitter!
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
For all the redditors! reddit.com.
About Parallel Circles
Parallel Circles is a massive videogames company composed by SuperLemonBits and InspectorRoar that makes small but madly polished games.
More information on Parallel Circles, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Flat Heroes Credits
Lucas Gonzalez (@SuperLemonBits)
Programmer artist and Fun researcher
Roger Valldeperas (@InspectorRoar)
Organic coder and Physically based designer
Niklas Ström (@salkinitzor)